Gardens of Babylon:
Renewing people’s connection to nature.
Our mission: Improve the lives of everyone we serve by connecting them to the natural world.
We have been working to empower our community with the plants, tools, and knowledge it takes to grow for over 18 years. Located at the downtown Nashville Farmers’ Market, our garden center is Nashville’s destination for indoor houseplants, unique pottery, landscaping supplies, flowering perennials and annuals, shrubs, statuary, and thoughtfully curated homegoods. We are open seven days a week and our garden center staff is always available to help you find inspiration for your outdoor landscape or indoor oasis, whether you’re a first-time gardener or an experienced horticulturist.
In addition to our in-store experience, we offer a wide range of landscaping services to help the Nashville community grow with inspirational designs and a constant focus on earth-friendly products and sustainable landscaping. From consultation to design, installation, and maintenance, we work with you to cultivate exquisite plant arrangements and custom-built hardscapes for your home or commercial property.
Company Organic Statement
We have been helping people grow successful gardens since 2003, and we strive to be responsible stewards as we educate our community about the ecological benefits of natural and organic gardening. We specialize in natural, sustainable and eco-friendly products and services and are continually working to improve our sustainability practices.
Here are some of our current targets and practices – this is a journey and we will update this policy ongoing.
- Work with local and regional growers for edible and native plant materials
- Educate our guests on sustainable practices
- Practice Sustainable Pest Management Strategies for plant health and pest reduction
- Treat all of our plants without the use of neonicotinoid or organophosphate (harmful chemicals that are tough on bees)
- Reuse and recycle plastic nursery pots
- Compost organic material on-site with our partner The Compost Company to help divert waste (so far we have diverted over 200 tons of organic waste since 2019)
- Carry organic soil products, including potting soil, compost and raised bed mixes
- Carry organic fertilizers and pesticides
- Capture and reuse rainwater from our roof
- Reuse or recycle pallets
- Use compostable, recyclable or reusable shopping bags
- Use electronic devices, online billing statements, and cloth towels to reduce paper waste
- Practice environmentally sound landscaping practices including soil sifting, rock and concrete reuse, and water-wise irrigation
- Promote the use of compost tea for healthy landscapes
While we specialize in natural and organic products, we cannot guarantee that every nursery with which we conduct business uses natural or organic methods. Regardless of the initial growing process, we believe it is important that organic and natural growing methods be carried out after planting.
Garden Center + Landscaping
Questions? Text us! 615-244-8949
Fri-Sun 8a-6p 💚