Spring is just around the corner and February is the perfect time to start planning your landscaping for the year! Here are a few tips to get you started in the right direction!
- Except for maples, birches, willows and yellowwood, now is a good time to prune trees.
- Re-shape evergreen shrubs and shade trees, as needed, during the winter dormant period.
- Plant any bare-root plants including fruit and nut trees as well as roses.
- Remove any dead plants or weeds from your garden areas.
- Begin refreshing your mulch. Mulching reduces evaporation, retains moisture in the soil, suppresses weeds, helps with erosion, and adds nutrients to the soil.
To begin your next project, schedule a phone consultation
If you would like to work with your existing designer, simply fill in their name in the “Project Details” section!